Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Chaparral High School 2008 Spring Concert


The next event was the Spring Choir Concert at Chaparral High School. The kids were great. This was Marsha Borovicka's final concert as after 23 years of teaching at Chaparral - she retired. Here is her picture. I know she was proud of the kids.

Expressions did a great medley of songs from Mary Poppins, the Classical Broadway Musical. The choreography was done by Cathy Allen (Dance Instructor at UNLV) and she brought in five girls to dance with the kids. Marsha even played the role of the "Feed the Birds" lady. It was great and brought tears to my eyes.

The performance was great and the kids did a great job singing and dancing. You can see Kayla with Marsha and on the left below. You could tell they really enjoyed the performance as much as the audience did.


Then Kayla sang a solo of a song I had never heard before. She looked stunning and sang so well. In my opinion - she had the best solo of the night! (Of course I would say that - I am her mother! But its true.) I will try to post a video of her song soon. Her sister Stephanie played the piano for her after listening to the song and writing it out.

No comments: