Friday, June 5, 2009

Steven and Kim's Wedding 3.28.09

On March 28, 2009, Steven and Kim got married!
The pictures in this post were taken by Mollie Jane Photography.

On March 27th we all had a nice time meeting all the family on both sides at the Fish Market restaurant in Del Mar. It was good to meet Kim's brothers and father. I previously met her sister and mother at the bridal shower. We went to our hotel after and got settled in for the night. The next morning, Brad and I got ready to go to the Temple. Grandma and Kayla got ready a little later and Whitney, Sam and Noah picked them up on their way to the Temple.

The ceremony was wonderful. The temple sealer knew Steven from Steven's working in the Temple. It was fun to hear his comments as they were more personal in nature. After the ceremony we waited outside for the Bride and Groom and took pictures. Then we headed over to Whitney and Rob's place for some lunch. Brad and I then headed to Redlands to check in to the hotel we reserved for Steven and Kim's wedding night. It was a very nice hotel and we brought some snacks and sprinkled some rose petals throughout the room to welcome them when they got there.
Then we went to the reception for more pictures and standing in line to greet all of the guests. Its such a small world because I met the daughter of some people I knew when I lived in Fontana. She was a friend of Kim's. I also met my old Bishop and his wife from when I lived in Fontana. They had moved to Redlands and had been in Kim's families ward. They said that when they got the wedding announcement they just knew it had to be our family because they remembered our names. Steven sang for Kim at Kim's mother's request. I was glad she asked him. He sang, "I'm Peanut Butter and You are Jelly" and everyone loved it.


We had some dancing, food, cutting of the cake and then when it was all over blew bubbles as the bride and groom drove away. They seemed very happy.


No comments: